Common steps and information about measurement module calibration.
Factory calibration of the I/O modules follows the German Calibration Service (DKD) and Akkreditierung Austria guidelines for calibration, which has reciprocity with NIST as part of the agreement of the European co-operation for Accreditation (EA).
Calibration unit with stable signal sources, which are monitored with a multimeter. The multimeter is calibrated annually by an external accredited calibration lab.
- Production order
- Module review (hardware and firmware updated)
- Warm-up module for at least 15 minutes
- Back up module configuration if necessary
- Check calibration station
- Check calibration adapter
- Run calibration software
- Enter name (temp and humidity automatically determined)
- Start calibration
- Write original module configuration if necessary